I was informed by my national authorities that they intend to bestow upon me an honorary distinction in respect of my services for CERN. What should I do?

In accordance with the principle of loyalty of employed members of personnel vis-à-vis CERN and because of the international character of your functions, you may not accept any honorary distinction (honours, degree, decoration, etc.) in respect of your services for CERN, unless you have been specifically authorized to do so.  You should seek the prior approval of CERN, by addressing a written request to the Director-General.