3.5 I am currently on a detachment in another department which is now considering a permanent transfer, to which I agree. My current unit agrees to the change, but is unwilling to relinquish the post. What are the options?

This is a problem to be solved at a managerial level. However you should inform your HR Adviser who can facilitate the finding of a solution.