Advise the Director-General on the definition of the Learning and Development Policy and on appropriate measures for its implementation.
In particular, the board:
- defines and champions the Learning and Development Policy with the purpose of making learning and development strategic, accessible and effective.
- advises on current and emerging learning needs and reviews organizational learning proposals ensuring the need to respect diversity and inclusiveness;
- sets guidelines for the balance of technical and behavioural competency development;
- sets budget and time-investment guidelines in line with the Organization’s overall Strategy, and specifies monitoring; and
- advises on reporting requirements.
The CLB comprises members appointed by the Director-General and members appointed by the Staff Association. Members are appointed for a period of three years, tacitly renewable.
|Chairperson||Mar CAPEANS GARRIDO, SCE|
|Secretary||Elizabeth EASTWOOD-BARZDO, HR-LD Group Leader|
|Members appointed by Director-General|
|Benoit DELILLE, HSE|
|Jean-Paul BURNET, TE|
|Maité BARROSO LOPEZ, IT|
|Members appointed by Staff Association|
|Emilie KIRSCHNER, SCE|
|Silvia SCHUH-ERHARD, BE|
|Anthony REY, BE|
|HR Department Head||James PURVIS|
In the course of each meeting, the Members shall seek, wherever possible, to reach a consensus on the items discussed.
For each meeting, the Secretary, recording the main topics discussed, shall draft a summary record, the conclusions reached, as well as points where no agreement is reached. The summary shall be circulated to the Chair and Board members for approval.
At the end of the year, a summary of the CLB activities shall be circulated to Senior Management.